Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Metro Lightrail Ride!!!

We've been wanting to take the new Lightrail ride in town for awhile now, but finally
decided to just do it!! I happened to mention the city had sent me a free ticket to ride
the Lightrail all day because I was to report for jury duty. (Hurray I was released &
didn't have to report), but it set Kelly's mind a thinkin'! Kelly had been nursing the
flu over the weekend & two days off work & towards
the end of his recovery & staying home we decided to take a ride &
pick up Shaun's & our lawnmowers that were in the shop on the way
back. ........... So we drove up to 19th Ave. & Bethany Home Road, parked &
caught the Rail. We rode it clear to Tempe & got off close to the Tempe
Bridge & walked down Mill Ave. to Chili's & had a nice lunch. We were
going to get back on & ride the Rail to the end of the line at Sycamore in Mesa to
see where it ends, but it was getting late so caught the Rail back to Phoenix.
It was pretty fun! Great not to have to drive, just enjoy the scenery & ride!! Quite
a few snowbirds & families checking out the ride. It was spring break so don't
know if there are usually more students riding it or not.

It was a fun afternoon, that is until Kelly turned left when there was a No
Left-turn sign & a jolly policemen was right there on his motorcyle & we knew
we were had ducks!! I was in the midst of telling him the sign said no-left hand
turn but you know it's one of those that says between certain hours!!!!
It was a really hot corner!!!! Just while we were there picking up
the lawnmowers & getting the ticket written up five more cars were stopped
& got tickets. The policemen said they've given 80 tickets there this week!
Whew!! I quess we just helped the city budget!!
Anyway the ride on the Lightrail was fun& lunch was great!!
I didn't have my camera with me so went back today & got some shots!
Can anyone quess what restuarant that is in the background??? I was trying
to take all these shots myself!!