Friday, January 8, 2010

My Latest Read & Snowmen Decor

This book was on my Christmas Wish List. It's a historical novel of "THE MIRACLE OF THE HOLE-IN-THE-ROCK PIONEERS" It's 802 pages & I'm almost done. Good read!
Now I want to see the Hole In The Rock!!

I'm leaving up my Snowman Decor for awhile. It's probably the closest I'll get to any
snow this year. I really kinda miss it. I have fond memories of snow growing up down
home where we got one to four inches of snow several times each winter. Just enough
to be fun & beautiful & a short while to play in & then it would melt away. Fond memories
of my 2 1/2 yrs. at B.Y.U. & the snow there. I would bundle up in my coat & boots & walk
up the ramp on the southside of campus in the still early mornings with white glistening
snow & icicle panorama.
I felt kinda like Alice in a White Wonderland. It was so serene & beautiful! Of course there
was the occasional slip & fall & all my books went flying & usually in front of some guys!
That would be a little embarrasing & ego knocking! ...............................Memories of tubing down the mountain in Provo canyon & even on the Sundance ski slope. That was a bit wow-scary!!!Memories of snow in Michigan & snow in Utah when we'd go up on trips in the wintertime.
Traveling in the snow sometimes got a little harry, but playing in it was fun & the time we
stayed with little Grandma Montgomery at Christmas-time in the house in town that had
the huge big trees out back. I remember being transfixed looking out the window watching
the snow falling down & down till it covered the trees & bushes & ground with a foot of snow.
All the while being cozy & warm inside. And being thoroughly entertained by the Bown
cousins having competitions amongst themselves seeing who could playing "Polonaise"
or some other huge piece through with the least amount of mistakes. They were all fantastic
at the piano! (Only two or three mistakes, four at the most.) Aunt Ruth used to drive down from Ogden to Salt Lake & accompany the Tabernacle Choir for their practices at one time. She played
that well. And she wanted all her kids to excell as well.
Going on several snow tubing outings as a leader with my kids young women & young men
groups. As for Kelly, he said the two years in Logan at Utah State & two years in Canada
on his mission was enough for him. As for me, just remenising the good times!! And would
still like to see a little snow!!