Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year's Day & Outdoor Scenes

I was hungry for grapefruit at Christmas time,
so I splurged & bought some huge grapefruits &
oranges & put in our Christmas stockings. Kelly
said, well we have three grapefruit on our tree
outback now, you better pick them & eat them
before the kids find them. Hurray! I was surprized
we finally got a tree to live & produce. I think he's
planted 10-15 trees & all of them have died or
something happened to them. Sooooo.......I think
Kelly's pretty proud of these!!! There were three
grapefruit on this tiny tree. I can't wait till the
other several citrus trees Kelly has planted grow
up & start to produce. I miss walking out in the
backyard & picking a grapefruit for breakfast!!


When the Zweifel clan was out on New Year's
Day, they scooped out & ate the orange half''s
then cooked blueberry muffins in the half
orange shells on the bonfire coals.
I was surprized when Michelle came back with
two bags of oranges & she got them off a tree
in the far back yard. I thought all the trees were
dead, so that one must be kinda hidden.




The leaves are finally all falling off the
trees, & we had a little semblance of fall
& winter.



It was funny watching Jeanie & Jon threading
this chicken on a stick & poles & cooking it
over the fire, like in "Survivor"!! Chris set
the finished product on a plate & we were laughing
at it! Said it was pretty tasty!! We did some chicken
on the grill to, but if you make a bonfire out here, you
need to be cooking something on it so you don't risk getting
fined if the firemen show up.