Friday, February 26, 2010

Beautiful Tulips

Kelly gave me these tulips, aren't they beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen tulips this
color. I'm enjoying them. I'm slowly starting to work on my flower bed garden. I'm
thinking I'm going to cut back that flowering plant I put out front, it's like Jack-&-The
Beanstalk & it has just taken over the whole flower bed. I've cut it back several times
& it just does it again. It is nice that it does well in the Arizona heat & even keeps flowers
in the winter, but after I saw a black King snake crawl in there last summer I'm a little
spooked about getting my hands in it. It will be alot of digging & work but I think it will
look great along the south fence-line!!

In the last two weeks I've taken Kelly into the eyecenter twice to have a radiation treatments
to burn a hole through scar tissue that has grown over his pupils & he says he was seeing
things kinda through a harze. The optomologist say that when a person as young as Kelly
has cataracks? like he has, removed in the last several years, they sometimes grow scar
tissue that covers the pupil. On this last procedure Kelly woke up the day after his procedure
and couldn't see very well because his pupil was still so dialated. So since he decided to take
the day off , he said lets go to the temple & do the baptisms for family members that I've been wanting to get done.

It was pretty cool because a young single adult or young married lady came & sat by
me & we were waiting by the font. They took her first & I noticed that her name on the
monitor read Mortensen. I thought, oh my goodness we might could be related. So when
she finished & was walking back to the locker room I stopped her & said I'd noticed her
name was Mortensen & that my Grandmother was Amanda Mortensen from the M.
colonies in Mexico & that we were decendents of Morten Peder Mortensen & we could
be related. She said yes, that was her ancestor also!! Cool, I knew I had to talk to her then
because she'd be long gone when I got back to the locker room. Cool huh, little miracles
happen to me like that all the time when I go to the temple. Special day!!