Monday, April 5, 2010

Basel Cell!?!?!?! Mohs Surgery!?!?!

Well a month or so ago when I had Bronchitus & went in to the doctor so I could get some
antibiotics, I happened to mention on my way out that I had this weird bump on my nose
after an abrasion healed on it, my skin just started growing extra cells & made a bump on my nose
like raised scar tissue. I no sooner mentioned it & the doc said, "Oh that's a basel cell, skin cancer
& that if I didn't take care of it , it would grow roots & I could lose half of my nose, if it hadn't
grown roots already. What?? Was I ever shocked!!!! I wasn't prepared for that!!!! So what's
one gonna do?? She referred me to a dermatologist & he took a sample & said they would
test it & get back with me. I prayed & hoped it would turn out to be negative but guess I
was wrong. I got a message to call them & they referred me to a surgeon in way-north
Scottsdale. Try Pinicle Peak Rd!!!! Halfway to Flagstaff I said, I don't sunbath that much
or go to the beach very often & he said where have you lived mostly, Arizona????? Yep!!!
He said, it just adds up from being in the sun from the time you're little! Sooo......here's telling
you to WEAR YOUR SUNCREEN!!! Those who are fair are more likely to get it. The
moisturizer that I"ve worn daily before I put on my make-up for the last 25 yrs. has 15%
SPF, so I thought that would make me safe. Try getting seven shots in your nose, that
ain't fun! Yikes!!! I had to wear this big white bandage on my nose for a whole week.
Makes you sorta feel like you're wearing a dunce hat!! Everyone just sorta grins at you!
I tried several antics of disguise as I ventured out. The blue pollution & virus masks, but
they fogged up my sunglasses big time!! Cut two holes in it so the steam could get out.
Kelly wanted to go out to dinner, so I put two skin toned bandages over the white bandage
to make it less noticeble. It only increased the size of my nose!! So then I began wearing
my dark sun-glasses everywhere, inside & out, at least I felt I was a little bit hidden &
they couldn't look me right in the eye!! Ha! Ha! I tried to take tan bandages off & they
were stuck to the white one so I was stuck with the biggggg nose for the rest of the week!

Sure seemed like the longest.........week. On the bright side, it was kinda nice taking baths
& using sweet smelling bath salts, so as not to get the bandage wet. And I read a thick
book & studied the tutorials for familysearchindexing, signed up & finished several
batches of indexing, 700 names in all this week!! It was fun learning something new.
And I didn't mind at all the long drive
up north to get the bandage offfffffff, It's great! Makes one appreciate. Now I can itch
my nose. Well.....it's time for lights out!