Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Flower Garden

Well I decided to plant some different kinds of flowers this year. I planted
some red & pink Geraniums. They kind-of remind me of my MOM. She used to
have several of these flower plants in the kitchen window. I also planted some
pink Gerbana flowers. I'm hoping they'll last longer into the warm weather! Funny!
I guess I unknowingly picked Valentine colors, how appropriate for the mo. of Feb.!!

LaVerne said she heard me say I wanted to plant some more rose bushes so she
gave me a bareroot pretty pink rose bush for my birthday. Thank You, LaVerne!

In looking for places to plant it I decided to dig up all the old Aloe Vera plants along the front wall. They had really multiplied. It took plenty of digging to get them all out & it amounted to a 2 ft. high pile of wheelbarrow full!! I saved several Aloe Vera & planted them along the
south fence so as to keep Kelly happy!

In following the planting instructions I had to dig an 18 inch deep hole by 2 & 1/2 ft. wide.
Wow if that wasn't a work out! I must say I got my exercise that day & did a little leaning
on the shovel too! Huff! Puff! Now it's just water, wait & watch grow!! And that's My
Flower Garden experience of late!!